Every year the World Championships of Mondo Croquet are held in Portland Oregon. Always on the last sunday in July.
August 2nd, 2020 is our next Championship.
This is a tradition that started in 1997 and continues to this day. Some things you may be interested in knowing:
- Yes, we typically break a bowling ball or two. They are actually quite tough.
- No, the parks service has never complained about us. We’re quite good at cleaning up after ourselves and we don’t cause any actual trouble.
- Yes, Conch and Maudlin have a bitter rivalry that goes back to the early days.
- The closest restroom is at the Ben and Jerry’s on NW 10th and Everett. Who doesn’t like ice cream? There’s also a Thai restaurant across the street from the park.
- Yes, it is our goal to play Mondo Croquet at the summer olympics. The olympics needs more sports you can excel at even if you have grey hair.